SOAP - Axis2 response message (multiple part) element "XML withinXML"

Discussion in 'Java' started by milesd, Oct 2, 2008.

  1. milesd

    milesd Guest

    Hello,

    I have just started implementing an Axis2 SOAP implementation which
    has a response message which has multiple elements. One of the
    elements is an XML stream. I didn't realise (rather naively that the
    type="string" would result in encoding "<" becoming &LT (and
    equivilent for >). I would like the XML "response element" to remain
    intact:

    ------
    <element name="XML response" type="string"/>

    <complexType name="POType">
    <all>
    <element name="id" type="string/>
    <element name="name" type="string"/>
    [snip]
    </all>
    </complexType>
    ------

    ** How do I specify a <element name="name" type="XML"/> ?
    ** How do I "grab this nested XML" in an XSLT ?

    Thank you, cheers

    Miles.

    milesd, Oct 2, 2008

  2. Re: SOAP - Axis2 response message (multiple part) element "XML within XML"

    milesd wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I have just started implementing an Axis2 SOAP implementation which
    > has a response message which has multiple elements. One of the
    > elements is an XML stream. I didn't realise (rather naively that
    > the
    > type="string" would result in encoding "<" becoming &LT (and
    > equivilent for >). I would like the XML "response element" to
    > remain
    > intact:

    Back up a bit. What are you trying to do? If it's to send an XML
    docuiment across the wire, this is fine. Axis will generate you an
    accessor which returns String, and it will return a String that's
    well-formed XML (i.e, what's transported as &LT; will have become <
    again.) You can then parse that string with no problems.

    Mike Schilling, Oct 2, 2008

  3. milesd

    milesd Guest

    I written a web service which queries a SOLR search engine returning
    the SOLR result as UTF-8 encoded XML. This XML is returned as an
    element of the SOAP XML response message, with a type of string.

    The XML < and > tags of the SOLR results are being encoded as &lt and
    &gt.

    Is there a SOAP response element data type which will preserve the XML
    of the SOLR result ?

    :)

    Cheers

    Miles