    Exist another solution for di a SOAP CLient ??

    Thank's
    Glauco
    Glauco, Jun 27, 2003

  2. I'm using Twisted for my Internet-needs and in most cases it works like a
    charm. But when its SOAP support seem to be buggy. Anyway, you could give it
    a try and see if you can figure out what's wrong. Twisted is a wonderful
    thing.

    Thomas

    "Nick Vargish" <> wrote in message
    > Glauco <> writes:
    >
    > > I'm alone in find a lot of problem in a SOAP Client ?

    > No, I'm finding the SOAP thing pretty hard going myself, and I'm
    > usually pretty good at figuring things out for myself. I have a couple
    > of Perl "SOAP:Lite" scripts that I am trying to translate into Python,
    > and it's been quite frustrating.
    >
    > > I'm going crazy because function are not documented .
    > > Exist another solution for di a SOAP CLient ??

    > There's ZSI, which has been called "more mature" by some people, but I
    > can't see much of a difference in approachability. Neither seems to be
    > very well documented. What I could really use are some more
    > examples...
    >
    > Here's one of the Perl scripts I'm trying to translate:
    >
    > use SOAP::Lite;
    > print SOAP::Lite
    > -> uri('urn:Temperatures')
    > -> proxy('http://clerkcap.house.gov/scripts/temper.pl')
    > -> f2c($ARGV[0])
    > -> result;
    >
    > It's just one call. What's the Pythonic equivalent, using either
    > SOAP.py or the ZSI package?
    >
    > Obviously, I need a better understanding of how SOAP is supposed to
    > work, but even that basic documentation is surprisingly hard to find
    > on the Web.
    >
    > Nick
    >
    > --
    > # sigmask.py || version 0.2 || 2003-01-07 || Feed this to your

    Python.
    > print reduce(lambda

    x,y:x+chr(ord(y)-1),'Ojdl!Wbshjti!=obwAqbusjpu/ofu?','')

    Thomas Weholt, Jun 27, 2003

  3. Glauco

    ddoc Guest

    > Here's one of the Perl scripts I'm trying to translate:
    >
    > use SOAP::Lite;
    > print SOAP::Lite
    > -> uri('urn:Temperatures')
    > -> proxy('http://clerkcap.house.gov/scripts/temper.pl')
    > -> f2c($ARGV[0])
    > -> result;

    Doesn't work for me.
    Hmm.

    CPAN is very impressive, and a huge wodge of stuff downloaded, but more
    work needed. I looked at the google SOAP Python example and found that
    hard, but it does look interesting.
    ddoc, Jun 28, 2003
  4. Nick Vargish <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > Glauco <> writes:
    >
    > > I'm going crazy because function are not documented .
    > > Exist another solution for di a SOAP CLient ??

    > There's ZSI, which has been called "more mature" by some people, but I
    > can't see much of a difference in approachability. Neither seems to be
    > very well documented. What I could really use are some more
    > examples...
    >
    > Here's one of the Perl scripts I'm trying to translate:
    >
    > use SOAP::Lite;
    > print SOAP::Lite
    > -> uri('urn:Temperatures')
    > -> proxy('http://clerkcap.house.gov/scripts/temper.pl')
    > -> f2c($ARGV[0])
    > -> result;
    >
    > It's just one call. What's the Pythonic equivalent, using either
    > SOAP.py or the ZSI package?
    >
    > Obviously, I need a better understanding of how SOAP is supposed to
    > work, but even that basic documentation is surprisingly hard to find
    > on the Web.

    One of the issues with ZSI is it is more setup for use in calling
    servers where
    methods use named parameters. The above example, which actually
    appears
    uncontactable, uses positional parameters and not named parameters. To
    this end, the simplest mechanism provided by ZSI to make calls, isn't
    going
    to work properly for various reasons.

    If you are indeed only interested in servers where methods have
    positional
    parameters, you might have a look at the "zsirpc" module for Python.
    This
    module is a simple wrapper around ZSI providing a kindler interface in
    the
    style of the "xmlrpclib" module specifically for calling servers with
    methods
    using positional parameters only.

    If you want to try this out without having to download the package, go
    the address:

    http://www.dscpl.com.au/soap-debugger.php

    This is a web based front end around the SOAP client code which the
    "zsirpc"
    module provides. It will allow you to make calls against services
    accessable
    over the Internet to gauge whether the ZSI package is going to work
    for you
    in the manner that the "zsirpc" interface uses it.

    The equivalent Python code using the "zsirpc" module to make the same
    Perl
    call as you list is:

    import zsirpc

    url = 'http://clerkcap.house.gov/scripts/temper.pl'
    uri = 'urn:Temperatures'
    action = ''

    #service = zsirpc.RemoteService(url,ns=uri,soapaction=action)
    service = zsirpc.RemoteService(url,ns=uri)

    print service.f2c(32.5)

    Unfortunately I can't verify that this works since the call times out
    against that
    service.

    As the interface provided by "zsirpc" is simpler in that it is a much
    more
    restrictive interface doing one specific thing, the documentation
    needed to
    cover it isn't much. For that go to:

    http://ose.sourceforge.net/browse.php?group=python-manual&entry=manual.htm

    and then go into the chapter title "Remote Access" and look for the
    documentation
    on the "SOAP Gateway" to see how the client is configurable. Frankly
    though, the "ns"
    and "soapaction" attributes above are about as far as it goes. Do note
    however,
    that "zsirpc" is a subset of what is described in all that
    documentation and is provided
    as a separate package as a convenience. Where the documentation says
    "netrpc.soap"
    read it is meaning "zsirpc" and if something refers to just "netrpc",
    again in code using
    just "zsirpc", use "zsirpc" instead of "netrpc".

    The only other bit of extensibility built in is that it has the
    ability to automatically manage
    types for Boolean, Binary (as BASE64), Date, DateTime, Time and
    Duration. Information
    about these types is described in the "Message Encoding" chapter of
    the documentation.
    You should ignore the bits about adding in new types as that only
    applies to the framework
    that "zsirpc" has been extracted from. If you did want to add news
    types with "zsirpc"
    you would need to drop down and use the ZSI packages way of defining
    typecodes. You
    might have to override an encoding method in the "zsirpc" package as
    well, but can't
    remember right now.

    One warning, and I believe this still also applies to ZSI as well.
    That is, that ZSI seems
    to only interpret its own type of error response as returned by
    servers. Thus, it will
    work fine against a ZSI server, but use it against another server
    which uses its own
    means of encoding the detail associated with an error response, and
    you might not
    be able to do too much with it. The "zsripc" package understands the
    ZSI error response
    and one other which is particular to the framework it has been
    extracted from, so it
    doesn't do too much more to help you in that respect.

    As to where you can get "zsirpc" from, go to the downloads section of:

    http://ose.sourceforge.net

    You might also be interested in getting down the "netrpc" package.
    This contains both
    a SOAP client and XML-RPC client where the interface is basically the
    same with type
    objects interchangeable between both. Use "netrpc" instead of "zsirpc"
    and you will not
    need to translate names when applying what the documentation says.
    Graham Dumpleton, Jun 30, 2003
  5. Glauco

    Glauco Guest

    Graham Dumpleton wrote:
> [...]

    > means of encoding the detail associated with an error response, and
    > you might not
    > be able to do too much with it. The "zsripc" package understands the
    > ZSI error response
    > and one other which is particular to the framework it has been
    > extracted from, so it
    > doesn't do too much more to help you in that respect.
    >
    > As to where you can get "zsirpc" from, go to the downloads section of:
    >
    > http://ose.sourceforge.net
    >
    > You might also be interested in getting down the "netrpc" package.
    > This contains both
    > a SOAP client and XML-RPC client where the interface is basically the
    > same with type
    > objects interchangeable between both. Use "netrpc" instead of "zsirpc"
    > and you will not
    > need to translate names when applying what the documentation says.

    This is great i'll try it now !!

    Glauco
    Glauco, Jun 30, 2003
  6. Glauco

    Nick Vargish Guest

    ddoc <> writes:

    > Doesn't work for me.
    > Hmm.

    I haven't run it in a while... that server might just have been
    a transient. I meant the example more for purposes of illustration,
    anyway. :^)

    Nick

    Nick Vargish, Jun 30, 2003
  7. Glauco

    Nick Vargish Guest

    Thanks Graham, lots of useful information there...

    Nick

    Nick Vargish, Jun 30, 2003