SOAP complexTypes

Discussion in 'XML' started by Andrew 2006, Jan 16, 2008.

  1. Andrew 2006

    Andrew 2006 Guest

    I have a wsdl definition that includes the following definition for
    the element <Preferences> inside the request createFooBar:

    <xs:element minOccurs="1" name="Preferences" nillable="true"
    type="java1:List" xmlns:java1="java:java.util"/>
    <xs:schema attributeFormDefault="unqualified"
    elementFormDefault="qualified" targetNamespace="java:java.util"
    <xs:import namespace="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"
    schemaLocation=""/>
    <xs:complexType name="List">
    <xs:complexContent>
    <xs:restriction base="soapenc:Array" xmlns:soapenc="http://
    schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"/>
    </xs:complexContent>
    </xs:complexType>
    </xs:schema>

    When building an example createFooBar request using SOAP UI
    (www.soapui.org), an example <Preferences> element is defined like so:
    <java1:preferences soapenc:arrayType="?" soapenc:eek:ffset="?" id="?"
    href="?"/>

    Is anyone familiar with SOAP elements like this?
    Should the attributes be read as:
    - arrayType: The structure of the array in question.
    - offset: The index of the array to consider as index 0.
    - id: The index of the array that contains the data we want.
    - href: The URI where the array is located.

    Many thanks

    Andrew

    Andrew 2006, Jan 16, 2008