SOAP examples

Brian Doyle

I'm a Ruby newbie and have a SOAP client question. I can't seem to
find any good SOAP examples using Ruby. I've looked at the Pickaxe
book and Google nothing really goes into the detail that I need. =20

I'm trying to create a ruby client and it's very different from the
Java world that I'm use to. In Java you download the wsdl and it
generates the parameter class file that I need to pass into the web
service from the client. Is that the same process that you would do
with Ruby? If so how do you generate the source file that is needed
to pass to the web service. Thanks. =20

NAKAMURA, Hiroshi

Scott Ellsworth

NAKAMURA said:

Hi,

Please use wsdl2ruby.rb which is included in soap4r-1.5.4. wsdl2ruby.rb
is not included in Ruby as a bundled library.

wsdl2ruby.rb generates class definitions and a client proxy class as you
expected.

Ooooo - keen. This will help one project of mine! (A different project
needs the other way - a wsdl from ruby source to be consumed by Java and
C# clients.)

Scott