Soap: <fault> exists, okay. But what about warnings?

Vince C.

Hi.

I'd like to return warnings to a soap client instead of faults. Soap faults
generally trigger an exception in clients (VBScript, JavaScript, VB,...).
But I'd like to return a warning instead, i.e. a standard soap message that
must not evaluate to an error but to a notification meaningful to the
client.

E.g. I'd like to perform an action on the server-side. If that action has
already been performed and is not critical a simple warning should be
returned instead of a fault. Does Soap also support warnings? Or is it left
to the implementers?

Thanks,
Vince C.