Soap Headerhandler

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by SingLoke, Feb 6, 2007.

  1. SingLoke

    SingLoke Guest

    I'm going to migrate a vb6 soap client application to .net (C#) but I have a
    problem on headerhandler:

    In VB6, I employ the following code to connect to a webservice:

    Set mySoapClient = New SoapClient
    Set mySoapHeader = New soapHeader
    'Set the header
    mYSoapHeader.SoapURN = SoapURN
    mYSoapHeader.data = myClientData

    'Attache the header to the SoapClient
    Set mySoapClient.HeaderHandler = m_SoapHeader

    'Run the webservice
    result = mySoapClient.Runsomething(abc,def...)

    In .Net, I added the web reference in my project and can access the
    functions/members of the webservice, but, I cannot found a properity call
    "headerhandler" in the webservice.

    I read through the doc "Using SOAP Headers" on MSDN, but it seems that I
    have to define a header (like MyHeader) in the server-side webservice first,
    but in my case, the service is create by other company, I cannot change it.
    how can use the old method (like soapclient.headerhandler = something) to
    pass the header to the webservice? Thx.

    SingLoke, Feb 6, 2007