SOAP Http Client

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by Paul Masquelier, Oct 1, 2004.

  1. Hello,

    I am trying to use the soaplite Http client to make a connection over
    the internet.

    I first tested it on the intranet company Lan : everything works fine.
    Trying it in the big world however fails.

    This is what I do :

    - the http client code :

    use SOAP::Lite;

    $soaplite = SOAP::Lite->uri('urn:HelloWorld')->proxy('http://81.82.176.379/Soap_php/HelloWorld/helloserver1.php');

    $soaplite->transport->proxy('http://81.82.176.379/Soap_php/HelloWorld/helloserver1.php');
    $soaplite->outputxml(1);

    $envelope = '<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><SOAP-ENV:Envelope
    SOAP-ENV:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"><SOAP-ENV:Body><namesp14:message
    xmlns:namesp14="urn:HelloWorld"/></SOAP-ENV:Body></SOAP-ENV:Envelope>';

    my $response = $soaplite->transport->send_receive(
    endpoint => $soaplite->endpoint,
    action => '"urn:HelloWorld#Hello"',
    envelope => $envelope,
    encoding => $soaplite->serializer->encoding,
    );

    print $response;

    1;

    The code is nothing special, just the standard calls.
    This works perfectly over the intranet lan.

    The ip address I use is the temporary IP address the provider gave to
    the destination pc. On both sides there is a direct connection with
    the cable modem (no routers in between - just for test purposes of
    course).
    The ip address is obtained by the ipconfig command.
    Reachability is tested with ping : works.

    We used protocol analysers on both sides to check the tcp/ip traffic :
    apparently only the first packet of the handshaking protocol is sent
    (SYNC) several times; a reply on the first handshaking message to
    establish a connection is never received. The receiver analyser on the
    other side also never receives a packet from the sender.

    I am completely blocked with this problem : if it works on intranet
    why should it not work over the intranet if the destination is
    reachable (ping) ??
    Can anyone help me out here ?

    Thanks for any help,

    Paul