SOAP::Lite access to request variables by name

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by Matt Wilks, Feb 9, 2004.

  1. Matt Wilks

    Matt Wilks Guest

    I am designing a SOAP server, and use a very simple perl script to
    hand the request onto my Handler module:

    ---
    #!/usr/bin/perl

    use strict;
    use SOAP::Transport::HTTP;
    use Handler;

    SOAP::Transport::HTTP::CGI
    -> dispatch_to('Handler')
    -> handle;
    ---

    My problem is that I cannot figure out how to access the SOAP request
    from a client within the Handler module (in the file Handler.pm). I
    would like to refer to the data passed by the client by the name of
    the tags that they have used. For example, if the following appeared
    in the body:

    <LAST_NAME>Smith</LAST_NAME>

    I would like to refer to that by the tag name, 'LAST_NAME'. Right
    now, I am accessing them as parameters to the function that the client
    calls. However, this only works if the client arranges the data in
    the correct order in their SOAP request. If I could somehow access
    them directly by name through the SOAP::SOM or something, that would
    be ideal. Is something of this nature possible?

    Matt Wilks, Feb 9, 2004