SOAP::Lite access to request variables by name

Matt Wilks

I am designing a SOAP server, and use a very simple perl script to
hand the request onto my Handler module:

---
#!/usr/bin/perl

use strict;
use SOAP::Transport::HTTP;
use Handler;

SOAP::Transport::HTTP::CGI
-> dispatch_to('Handler')
-> handle;
---

My problem is that I cannot figure out how to access the SOAP request
from a client within the Handler module (in the file Handler.pm). I
would like to refer to the data passed by the client by the name of
the tags that they have used. For example, if the following appeared
in the body:

<LAST_NAME>Smith</LAST_NAME>

I would like to refer to that by the tag name, 'LAST_NAME'. Right
now, I am accessing them as parameters to the function that the client
calls. However, this only works if the client arranges the data in
the correct order in their SOAP request. If I could somehow access
them directly by name through the SOAP::SOM or something, that would
be ideal. Is something of this nature possible?