SOAP::Lite, encode and special characters

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by Stefan Braun, May 9, 2007.

  1. Stefan Braun

    Stefan Braun Guest

    Hello,

    I transmit German city names over SOAP::Lite to a webservice. If there is a
    special character like "Ü" on the Server arrives a "Ã?".

    In my code I define the encoding as: iso-8859-1:
    $soap = SOAP::Lite
    -> uri('http://services.uabo.tnw.ch/')
    -> on_action( sub{ join '/', 'http://tnw.ch', $_[1]})
    -> encoding('iso-8859-1')
    -> proxy('http://services.uabo.tnw.ch/service.asmx');

    I encode the variable too with iso-8859-1:
    my $testcity = Encode::encode("iso-8859-1",$city);

    the call is:
    SOAP::Data->name(City => $testcity)->type('string')

    If I start the equal script from the shell it works fine, on the webserver
    it doesn't work.

    I sniffed the traffic. If it works the "Ü" is transmitted as "dc" in oct, if
    it doesn't work it's transmitted as "c3 9c".

    What's my mistake?

    Regards and many thanks

    Stefan

    Stefan Braun, May 9, 2007