soap::Lite help please

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by dmedhora@gmail.com, May 21, 2006.

    Am picking up SOAP::Lite and was trying out the following code which I
    don't
    understand why it doesn't work..

    I have apache httpd running and in my /var/www/cgi-bin/ws directory I
    have
    the following files:

    1) Hello.pm
    ----------------
    # Hello.pm - simple Hello module
    package Hello;
    sub sayHello {
    shift; # remove class name
    return "Hello " . shift;
    }
    1;

    2) hello.cgi
    --------------
    #!/usr/bin/perl
    # hello.cgi - Hello SOAP handler
    use lib '/var/www/cgi-bin/ws';
    use SOAP::Transport::HTTP;
    SOAP::Transport::HTTP::CGI
    -> dispatch_to('Hello::(?:sayHello)')
    -> handle
    ;

    3) hw_client.pl
    -------------------
    #!/usr/bin/perl -w
    # hw_client.pl - Hello client
    use SOAP::Lite;
    my $name = shift;
    print "The SOAP Server says: ";
    print SOAP::Lite
    ->uri('http://localhost/cgi-bin/ws')
    ->proxy('http://localhost/cgi-bin/ws/hello.cgi')
    ->sayHello($name)-> result . "\n\n";

    When I run hw_client.pl with the argument "myname", I get an error as
    follows:

    -bash-3.00# ./hw_client.pl myname
    ../hw_client.pl line 6.
    The SOAP Server says:

    -bash-3.00#

    Please can anyone help me to debug it? Thanks ver much

    , May 21, 2006