josh

According to http://cookbook.soaplite.com/, it should be as easy as
this:

my ( $soap ) = SOAP::Lite
-> uri('Demo')
# -> proxy('http://localhost/cgi-bin/soap.cgi')
-> proxy('https://localhost/cgi-bin/soap.cgi')

But this is the error I get:

500 Can't locate object method "new" via package
"LWP::protocol::https::Socket" at ./client.pl line 8

I am running Mandrake 10.0 Community, with all default RPMs (urpmi
perl-SOAP-Lite).

My goal is to have secure (preferrably SSL) communication between the
SOAP server and client(s). Is there a better way than HTTPS? I just
thought HTTPS makes a natural choice since I already got HTTP working.

Ben Morrow

Quoth (e-mail address removed) (josh):
According to http://cookbook.soaplite.com/, it should be as easy as
this:

my ( $soap ) = SOAP::Lite
-> uri('Demo')
# -> proxy('http://localhost/cgi-bin/soap.cgi')
-> proxy('https://localhost/cgi-bin/soap.cgi')

But this is the error I get:

500 Can't locate object method "new" via package
"LWP::protocol::https::Socket" at ./client.pl line 8

I am running Mandrake 10.0 Community, with all default RPMs (urpmi
perl-SOAP-Lite).

My goal is to have secure (preferrably SSL) communication between the
SOAP server and client(s). Is there a better way than HTTPS? I just
thought HTTPS makes a natural choice since I already got HTTP working.

What version of LWP do you have? I have 5.76, and that has an
LWP::protocol::https::Socket class with a new method.

Try

perl -MLWP -le'print $LWP::VERSION'

and

perl -MLWP::protocol::https -le'print
LWP::protocol::https::Socket->can("new")'

.. If the first prints something less than 5.76 and the second prints
nothing then upgrade LWP. If the second prints CODE(0xXXXXXXXX) then
your problem is elsewhere.

Ben