SOAP::Lite +wsdl

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by Andrew Tkachenko, Mar 5, 2005.

  1. Hello.

    I'm using combination of Apache + mod_perl + Apache::SOAP from SOAP::Lite
    distribution.

    I'm trying to understand process of object creation on server side while
    using WSDL.

    For example, I have service 'Hello', represented by module Hello.pm on
    server side. I want to call Hello's constructor, passing some data as its
    arguments and use it in subsequent calls. But after reading SOAP::Lite pod
    doc., I still can't find the way of creating Hello object. All the samples
    I've found demonstrate how to make service calls described by WSDL in
    non-OO way, i.e.

    use SOAP::Lite;
    print SOAP::Lite
    -> service(’http://www.xmethods.net/sd/StockQuoteService.wsdl’)
    -> getQuote(’MSFT’);

    But how can I call getQuote as object method rather than class one ?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    --
    Andrew
    Andrew Tkachenko, Mar 5, 2005