SOAP 'Mapping error'

Graham

I'm trying to expose a few methods for database searching & updating
via a SOAP interface. I managed a couple of find queries OK, but when I
came to try an "update" I got this error:-

C:/ruby/lib/ruby/1.8/soap/mapping/registry.rb:407:in `_obj2soap':
Cannot map DBI
::StatementHandle to SOAP/OM. (SOAP::Mapping::MappingError)

The update methods work fine as client code, just not when exposed as
via SOAP. Is there a simple answer (for a newbie) to this error
message?
Thx
Graham

NAKAMURA, Hiroshi