Soap message w/http authorization question...

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Greg, May 18, 2009.

  1. Greg

    Greg Guest

    Hello,

    I'm new to using WSE and sending SOAP messages - and I'm trying to
    figure out how to incorporate Http authorization. I am trying to send
    a SOAP envelope to a web service that requires http authorization and
    follows basic credential format, and I'm not really sure what I need
    to do.

    I've been looking at the WSE samples from Microsoft, and have an
    understanding of what I need to do to build the message with the
    SoapSender & SoapEnvelope classes, but how would I attach the
    credential/login/password information? Here is what needs to go with
    the SOAP envelope:

    POST /MyLocation/Directory HTTP/1.1
    SOAPAction: ""
    Authorization: Basic
    [SOAP envelope]

    Can anyone point me to any samples or information how this would be
    incorporated into the SOAPEnvelope object?

    Thanks for any help,
    Greg

    Greg, May 18, 2009