SOAP Message with attachment is the best solution?

cristms

Hi there.

I'd like to know, if anyone knows how should i send a XML file, located
in server folder, to a web service. The purpose is to send and receive
XML files that can have a large of data, so i think that it could not
use a string variable. Do i have other possible scenarios? I have find
some information in the net that tells me that the best solution is use
SOAP messages with attachments using WSE, it is correct?

Thanks a lot.

Cristovao

Chad Z. Hower aka Kudzu

(e-mail address removed) wrote in @g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:
I'd like to know, if anyone knows how should i send a XML file, located
in server folder, to a web service. The purpose is to send and receive
XML files that can have a large of data, so i think that it could not
use a string variable. Do i have other possible scenarios? I have find
some information in the net that tells me that the best solution is use
SOAP messages with attachments using WSE, it is correct?

If you only want to send a raw file, XML or other, webservices are not your
best option. You would do better to use FTP, or HTTP PUT or POST if you need
something that is more firewall friendly.