Soap method namespace prefix prevents values from being passed correctly

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by HolmerJohn@gmail.com, Oct 30, 2007.

  1. Guest

    When calling a .Net web service from an Axis client on an AS400, the
    parameters are not being passed correctly. When the proxy is built in
    C#, the soap envelope below is sent, which works:

    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <soap:Body>
    <ConvRate xmlns="http://services.genble.com/sandbox/">
    <from>USD</from>
    <to>GBP</to>
    </ConvRate>
    </soap:Body></soap:Envelope>

    Axis builds the same envelope, but it includes a namespace prefix on
    the method attribute. See below:

    <?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
    xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://
    www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
    <soap:Body>
    <ns1:ConvRate xmlns:ns1="http://services.genble.com/sandbox/">
    <from>GBP</from>
    <to>USD</to>
    </ns1:ConvRate>
    </soap:Body></soap:Envelope>

    Is there a way that I can modify the web service attributes to make
    the prefixed namespace acceptable?

    TIA

    John

    , Oct 30, 2007