SOAP over SSL? NotSupportedException in generated client proxy code

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by NewsGroups, Aug 3, 2004.

  1. NewsGroups

    NewsGroups Guest

    Hi all,

    I used the wizards in VC.NET to generate code to generate a client proxy for
    a web service in the usual manner. The .WSDL file is published on the web,
    the only slightly unusual thing about the site is it happens to be an
    SSL-only and authenticated.

    When I invoke the generated code, I get this exception:

    System.NotSupportedException: The ServicePointManager does not support
    proxies of https scheme.
    at System.Net.ServicePointManager.FindServicePoint(Uri address, IWebProxy
    proxy)
    at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.FindServicePoint(BooleanforceFind)
    at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.set_InternalProxy(IWebProxy value)
    at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.set_Proxy(IWebProxy value)
    at System.Net.Service.Protocols.HttpWebClientProtocol.GetWebRequest(Uri
    uri)
    at System.Net.Service.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.GetWebRequest(Uri
    uri)
    at System.Net.Service.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String
    methodName, Object[] parameters)

    Which, hard as it is to believe, seems to be telling me the code cannot
    support SOAP/SSL througha proxy server. (Note the "The ServicePointManager
    does not support proxies of https scheme." above)

    The generated code is currently 99% unmodified, the only change is to attach
    the default credentials to get past the proxy server.

    Any ideas?

    Platform is 1.1 framework, VC.NET 2003, Win2000 SP3

    Thanks,
    DWL
    NewsGroups, Aug 3, 2004