SOAP Problem...

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Jeff LaMarche, Mar 21, 2006.

  1. I'm using the SOAP::RPC::Driver to access a web service for which I
    don't have a WSDL (actually, there is one, but it's not well formed
    and it the WSDLDriverFactory chokes on it).

    So, I create the driver:

    QUERY_URL = "http://209.27.15.27/services/Query"
    stub = SOAP::RPC::Driver.new(QUERY_URL)

    Now I add a method. This method takes three parameters: a string, a
    long, and a long

    stub.add_method('getModuleList', 'securityToken', 'userId', 'companyId')

    Then I call the method. The problem is, the XML that's getting
    created is specifying int instead of long for the second and third
    parameter:

    queryRet = stub.getModuleList(security_token, user_id.to_i,
    company_id.to_i)

    which results in:

    #<SOAP::Mapping::Object:0x104d7cc>: org.xml.sax.SAXException: Bad
    types (int -> long) (SOAP::FaultError)

    Is there any way to "force" it to specify that these parameters are
    long? It seems to only work correctly if user_id and company_id are
    big enough to force it to go to a Bignum. Any help would be greatly
    appreciated!

    Thanks,
    Jeff
    Jeff LaMarche, Mar 21, 2006