SOAP Request is repeated in the SOAP response.

comp.text.xml

Hi all,

I'm using SOAP tool kit version 3 in my application.

When analyzed SOAP responses closely using the Fiddler I noticed that
the data we sent (a XML in this case) is again repeated in the
response. Ie, the same data we sent to the server is returned back to
the client again.

My response from the server is sent within a <Result> tags and after
that all the detail I sent to the server is returned back again. These
values will not be received back to your calling method but will be
transferred from the server to the client. You can check this by using
a HTTP debugger proxy such as Fiddler.

Is this the behavior of SOAP or can we configure SOAP not to do this?
Why is it returning the same data we sent back again?

In my case I send a XML to the server and after doing dome processing
receive a XML. Now it seems in the response I have to spend time to
transfer the original request back! This is very inefficient.

Please advice if this can overcome in any way.

Best regards,
Nadee