    <getSKUs />
    </xs:request>
    [/request to send]
    Ron Eggler, Jan 3, 2006

  2. Ron Eggler

    Ron Eggler Guest

    "Ron Eggler" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm supposed to send following request as a html-request(from a html-link)
    > is it possible? how do i do that? do i use the '<a href'-tag as well?
    > Thank you!
    >
    > [request to send]
    > <xs:request xmlns:xs='urn:pinXpressSchema' version='1.5' langCode='en'>
    > <DEALERinfo aspName='XXX'
    > dealerName=''
    > posName='1234'
    > posPassword='1234'
    > userName=''
    > userPassword='1234' />
    > <getSKUs />
    > </xs:request>
    > [/request to send]

    I tried that:
    POST /item HTTP/1.1

    <?xml version="1.0"?>
    <soap:Envelope
    xmlns:soap="http://www.w3.org/2001/12/soap-envelope"
    soap:encodingStyle="http://www.w3.org/2001/12/soap-encoding"> <soap:Body
    xmlns:m="https://xml.pinsprepaid.com/xml/xmlPinXpress.asp">
    <xs:request xmlns:xs='urn:pinXpressSchema' version='1.5' langCode='en'>
    <DEALERinfo aspName='XXX'
    dealerName=''
    posName='1234'
    posPassword='1234'
    userName=''
    userPassword='1234' />
    <getSKUs />
    </xs:request>
    </soap:Body></soap:Envelope>

    but my IE says:

    The XML page cannot be displayed
    Cannot view XML input using style sheet. Please correct the error and then
    click the Refresh button, or try again later.

    Invalid at the top level of the document. Error processing resource
    'file:///C:/Documents and Settings/Rebecca/Desktop/test...
    POST /item HTTP/1.1
    ^

    Why the hell? Thank you!
    Ron Eggler, Jan 3, 2006

  3. Ron Eggler

    Andy Dingley Guest

    On Tue, 3 Jan 2006 17:18:54 -0600, "Ron Eggler" <>
    wrote:

    >I'm supposed to send following request as a html-request(from a html-link)
    >is it possible?

    No, you need to do it in a rather more sophisticated way than just
    coding it into HTML. Try reading the book "AJAX in Action" as a good
    guide to the state-of-the-art in client-side SOAP techniques. It's a
    good book, AJAX is worth learning, and most of the older SOAP textbooks
    are too much about the server side and not about the client.

    You might also find a very old downloadable article on MSDN by Aaron(?)
    Skonnard which had a useful little SOAP client and demonstration coded
    in a simple HTML page using the XMLHTTP component. It's pretty old, but
    it was a useful example of code you can re-cycle.

    AJAX techniques will generally be more cross-browser portable than MS'
    pure-IE solutions, but you're still looking at some fairly hairy code.

    I forget why, but it's actually _impossible_ to send any valid SOAP
    request from a simple browser address bar - there's a required header
    which won't be included. Trivial to add when you're coding to some sort
    of HTTP component, but it locks out the plain "browsers".
    Andy Dingley, Jan 4, 2006
  4. Ron Eggler

    roN Guest

    Andy Dingley schrieb:
    > On Tue, 3 Jan 2006 17:18:54 -0600, "Ron Eggler" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> I'm supposed to send following request as a html-request(from a html-link)
    >> is it possible?

    > No, you need to do it in a rather more sophisticated way than just
    > coding it into HTML. Try reading the book "AJAX in Action" as a good
    > guide to the state-of-the-art in client-side SOAP techniques. It's a
    > good book, AJAX is worth learning, and most of the older SOAP textbooks
    > are too much about the server side and not about the client.
    >
    > You might also find a very old downloadable article on MSDN by Aaron(?)
    > Skonnard which had a useful little SOAP client and demonstration coded
    > in a simple HTML page using the XMLHTTP component. It's pretty old, but
    > it was a useful example of code you can re-cycle.
    >
    > AJAX techniques will generally be more cross-browser portable than MS'
    > pure-IE solutions, but you're still looking at some fairly hairy code.
    >

    > I forget why, but it's actually _impossible_ to send any valid SOAP
    > request from a simple browser address bar - there's a required header
    > which won't be included. Trivial to add when you're coding to some sort
    > of HTTP component, but it locks out the plain "browsers".

    Hm, okay, sounds good, I'll go and look for that, thank you!
    But my problem is, I don't have the time to read thru all that stuff now
    cause it should have been finished yesterday (of course as always...).
    So could you please do me a favor and give me some more specific hints
    on how to solve that issue?
    Thank you!
    roN, Jan 4, 2006
  5. Ron Eggler

    Andy Dingley Guest

    On Wed, 04 Jan 2006 11:02:36 -0800, roN <> wrote:

    >So could you please do me a favor and give me some more specific hints
    >on how to solve that issue?

    Go and find the Skonnard article, then tweak the example page.
    Andy Dingley, Jan 4, 2006
  6. Ron Eggler

    roN Guest

    Andy Dingley wrote:

    > On Wed, 04 Jan 2006 11:02:36 -0800, roN <> wrote:
    >
    >>So could you please do me a favor and give me some more specific hints
    >>on how to solve that issue?

    > Go and find the Skonnard article, then tweak the example page.

    Hm, yes, i found it at: http://www.microsoft.com/mind/0100/soap/soap.asp
    but i haven't seen the example page, where can you find one?
    The article seems to go very deep in technical issues which i don't really
    need to solve my problem.
    I'll check the examples if I (or you, maybe?) can find some.
    Thank you!

    --
    chEErs roN

    I'm root, I'm allowed to do this! ;)
    keep on rockin'
    roN, Jan 5, 2006
  7. Ron Eggler

    Andy Dingley Guest

    On Wed, 04 Jan 2006 19:35:34 -0800, roN <> wrote:

    >Hm, yes, i found it at: http://www.microsoft.com/mind/0100/soap/soap.asp
    >but i haven't seen the example page, where can you find one?

    Look at the tiny "Download the code" link right at the top of the
    article.
    Andy Dingley, Jan 5, 2006