SOAP-requests?

Ron Eggler

Hi,

I'm supposed to send following request as a html-request(from a html-link)
is it possible? how do i do that? do i use the '<a href'-tag as well?
Thank you!

[request to send]
<xs:request xmlns:xs='urn:pinXpressSchema' version='1.5' langCode='en'>
<DEALERinfo aspName='XXX'
dealerName=''
posName='1234'
posPassword='1234'
userName=''
userPassword='1234' />
<getSKUs />
</xs:request>
[/request to send]

Ron Eggler

Ron Eggler said:
Hi,

I'm supposed to send following request as a html-request(from a html-link)
is it possible? how do i do that? do i use the '<a href'-tag as well?
Thank you!

[request to send]
<xs:request xmlns:xs='urn:pinXpressSchema' version='1.5' langCode='en'>
<DEALERinfo aspName='XXX'
dealerName=''
posName='1234'
posPassword='1234'
userName=''
userPassword='1234' />
<getSKUs />
</xs:request>
[/request to send]
I tried that:
POST /item HTTP/1.1

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<soap:Envelope
xmlns:soap="http://www.w3.org/2001/12/soap-envelope"
soap:encodingStyle="http://www.w3.org/2001/12/soap-encoding"> <soap:Body
xmlns:m="https://xml.pinsprepaid.com/xml/xmlPinXpress.asp">
<xs:request xmlns:xs='urn:pinXpressSchema' version='1.5' langCode='en'>
<DEALERinfo aspName='XXX'
dealerName=''
posName='1234'
posPassword='1234'
userName=''
userPassword='1234' />
<getSKUs />
</xs:request>
</soap:Body></soap:Envelope>

but my IE says:

The XML page cannot be displayed
Cannot view XML input using style sheet. Please correct the error and then
click the Refresh button, or try again later.

Invalid at the top level of the document. Error processing resource
'file:///C:/Documents and Settings/Rebecca/Desktop/test...
POST /item HTTP/1.1
^

Why the hell? Thank you!

Andy Dingley

I'm supposed to send following request as a html-request(from a html-link)
is it possible?

No, you need to do it in a rather more sophisticated way than just
coding it into HTML. Try reading the book "AJAX in Action" as a good
guide to the state-of-the-art in client-side SOAP techniques. It's a
good book, AJAX is worth learning, and most of the older SOAP textbooks
are too much about the server side and not about the client.

You might also find a very old downloadable article on MSDN by Aaron(?)
Skonnard which had a useful little SOAP client and demonstration coded
in a simple HTML page using the XMLHTTP component. It's pretty old, but
it was a useful example of code you can re-cycle.

AJAX techniques will generally be more cross-browser portable than MS'
pure-IE solutions, but you're still looking at some fairly hairy code.

I forget why, but it's actually _impossible_ to send any valid SOAP
request from a simple browser address bar - there's a required header
which won't be included. Trivial to add when you're coding to some sort
of HTTP component, but it locks out the plain "browsers".

roN

Andy said:
[...]

Hm, okay, sounds good, I'll go and look for that, thank you!
But my problem is, I don't have the time to read thru all that stuff now
cause it should have been finished yesterday (of course as always...).
So could you please do me a favor and give me some more specific hints
on how to solve that issue?
Thank you!

Andy Dingley

So could you please do me a favor and give me some more specific hints
on how to solve that issue?

Go and find the Skonnard article, then tweak the example page.