    I already implemented simple HTTP server in the past and looking for
    the best way (if possible) to extend it to handle SOAP requests.
    I'll be happy for every direction how to do it best.

    Alto, Dec 15, 2005

  2. Alto

    Guest

    Alto escreveu:

    > Hello,
    > I'm new in this field so it's can be really silly question.
    > We have a mediation application that need to get some SOAP messages and
    > translate them.
    > I'm looking for the best way to implement the SOAP server, if it's
    > possible to do it without a web server? (I have a problem to install
    > Apache/Tomcat servers in our environment)
    > I already implemented simple HTTP server in the past and looking for
    > the best way (if possible) to extend it to handle SOAP requests.
    > I'll be happy for every direction how to do it best.

    The axis2 implementation of SOAP also supports straight TCP and SMTP.

    http://ws.apache.org/axis2/Axis2ArchitectureGuide.html

    Writing your own HTTP server would also require a servlet container and
    the SOAP protocal on top of that. I recommend just using TCP or SMTP.

    HTH,
    iksrazal
    http://www.braziloutsource.com/

    , Dec 15, 2005

  3. Alto

    Wanna Guest

    wrote:
    > Alto escreveu:
    >

    >>Hello,
    >>I'm new in this field so it's can be really silly question.
    >>We have a mediation application that need to get some SOAP messages and
    >>translate them.
    >>I'm looking for the best way to implement the SOAP server, if it's
    >>possible to do it without a web server? (I have a problem to install
    >>Apache/Tomcat servers in our environment)
    >>I already implemented simple HTTP server in the past and looking for
    >>the best way (if possible) to extend it to handle SOAP requests.
    >>I'll be happy for every direction how to do it best.

    > The axis2 implementation of SOAP also supports straight TCP and SMTP.
    >
    > http://ws.apache.org/axis2/Axis2ArchitectureGuide.html
    >
    > Writing your own HTTP server would also require a servlet container and
    > the SOAP protocal on top of that. I recommend just using TCP or SMTP.
    >
    > HTH,
    > iksrazal
    > http://www.braziloutsource.com/

    an alternative to axis2 would be using XFire (http://xfire.codehaus.org)
    XFire is a lightweight implementation of SOAP.

    the good point is in it's use of Stax pull parser that is way faster
    plus you can deploy it in your container like a war file, not aar files
    cos it seems Axis2 still have some problems with hot deployements

    Wanna, Dec 16, 2005
  4. Alto

    Guest

    Wanna escreveu:

    > an alternative to axis2 would be using XFire (http://xfire.codehaus.org)
    > XFire is a lightweight implementation of SOAP.
    >
    > the good point is in it's use of Stax pull parser that is way faster
    > plus you can deploy it in your container like a war file, not aar files
    > cos it seems Axis2 still have some problems with hot deployements

    I'm sure XFire is a fine system. However, axis2 also uses Stax and I
    can assure you axis2 does not have problems with hot deployment because
    I happen to use it. Its possible to promote your favorite framework
    without dissing others and you may find that approach to be more
    effective.

    iksrazal

    , Dec 16, 2005
  5. Alto

    Alto Guest

    Thank's for the useful info.
    Do you know if there are problems to connect to this TCP SOAP server
    from .Net clients or any others?

    Alto, Dec 18, 2005