SOAP server (newcomer q)

Alto

Hello,
I'm new in this field so it's can be really silly question.
We have a mediation application that need to get some SOAP messages and
translate them.
I'm looking for the best way to implement the SOAP server, if it's
possible to do it without a web server? (I have a problem to install
Apache/Tomcat servers in our environment)
I already implemented simple HTTP server in the past and looking for
the best way (if possible) to extend it to handle SOAP requests.
I'll be happy for every direction how to do it best.

iksrazal

Alto escreveu:
Hello,
I'm new in this field so it's can be really silly question.
We have a mediation application that need to get some SOAP messages and
translate them.
I'm looking for the best way to implement the SOAP server, if it's
possible to do it without a web server? (I have a problem to install
Apache/Tomcat servers in our environment)
I already implemented simple HTTP server in the past and looking for
the best way (if possible) to extend it to handle SOAP requests.
I'll be happy for every direction how to do it best.

The axis2 implementation of SOAP also supports straight TCP and SMTP.

http://ws.apache.org/axis2/Axis2ArchitectureGuide.html

Writing your own HTTP server would also require a servlet container and
the SOAP protocal on top of that. I recommend just using TCP or SMTP.

HTH,
iksrazal
http://www.braziloutsource.com/

Wanna

Alto escreveu:

The axis2 implementation of SOAP also supports straight TCP and SMTP.

http://ws.apache.org/axis2/Axis2ArchitectureGuide.html

Writing your own HTTP server would also require a servlet container and
the SOAP protocal on top of that. I recommend just using TCP or SMTP.

HTH,
iksrazal
http://www.braziloutsource.com/

an alternative to axis2 would be using XFire (http://xfire.codehaus.org)
XFire is a lightweight implementation of SOAP.

the good point is in it's use of Stax pull parser that is way faster
plus you can deploy it in your container like a war file, not aar files
cos it seems Axis2 still have some problems with hot deployements

iksrazal

Wanna escreveu:
an alternative to axis2 would be using XFire (http://xfire.codehaus.org)
XFire is a lightweight implementation of SOAP.

the good point is in it's use of Stax pull parser that is way faster
plus you can deploy it in your container like a war file, not aar files
cos it seems Axis2 still have some problems with hot deployements

I'm sure XFire is a fine system. However, axis2 also uses Stax and I
can assure you axis2 does not have problems with hot deployment because
I happen to use it. Its possible to promote your favorite framework
without dissing others and you may find that approach to be more
effective.

iksrazal

Alto

Thank's for the useful info.
Do you know if there are problems to connect to this TCP SOAP server
from .Net clients or any others?