soap timeout on big report

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Antonio, Jun 22, 2005.

  1. Antonio

    Antonio Guest

    Hi, my web application connects to a web service. The web service runs
    a long running sql server stored procedure. The stored procedure takes
    4 minutes. I get timeouts. In my web service connection string it has
    "connect timeout = 300" This is 5 minutes to wait for a connection
    handshake right?

    In my web method I have the sqlcommand time out at 3000 -- 50 MINUTES!!
    LOL

    sqlCom.CommandTimeout = 3000;

    But still it times out at between 1 and 3 minutes. ? Curious ??

    Why oh why does it time out??

    If I run the stored procedure from Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Query
    Analyzer it will run OK after 4 minutes.

    Anto

    Antonio, Jun 22, 2005

  2. Antonio

    Bruce Barker Guest

    the webservice page and the calling page have a timeout also.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    Bruce Barker, Jun 22, 2005

  3. Antonio

    Antonio Guest

    please show me how to code it

    Antonio, Jun 22, 2005
  4. Antonio

    Antonio Guest

    I GOT IT

    MyWebService.Timeout = System.Threading.Timeout.Infinite;

    THANKS!!!!!

    Antonio, Jun 22, 2005