SOAP via Tomcat

Discussion in 'Java' started by gLaramie, Jul 9, 2003.

  1. gLaramie

    gLaramie Guest

    For a java class with a method signature of:
    ///////////////////////////////////
    public void testMethod(Envelope reqEnv, SOAPContext reqCtx,
    SOAPContext respCtx)
    throws SOAPException
    ///////////////////////////////////

    What is the proper format of a SOAP Message that calls it?

    This causes it to complain that the signature doesn't match:
    ------------------
    <SOAP-ENV:Envelope xmlns:SOAP-ENV="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"
    <SOAP-ENV:Body>
    <ns1:testMethod xmlns:ns1="urn:testMethod"
    <reqEnv xsi:type="xsd:string"/>
    <reqCtx xsi:type="xsd:string"/>
    <respCtx xsi:type="xsd:string"/>
    </ns1:testMethod>
    </SOAP-ENV:Body>
    </SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

    ------------------

    Specifically, what should be in the <ns1:testMethod></ns1:testMethod>
    block?
    gLaramie, Jul 9, 2003

  2. gLaramie

    Wendy S Guest

    "gLaramie" <> wrote in message
    > For a java class with a method signature of:
    > ///////////////////////////////////
    > public void testMethod(Envelope reqEnv, SOAPContext reqCtx,
    > SOAPContext respCtx)
    > throws SOAPException
    > What is the proper format of a SOAP Message that calls it?

    How are you using SOAP with just Tomcat? I'm interested but am using Apache
    Axis as a webapp running in Tomcat. If you're not using Axis, how does this
    work?

    --
    Wendy in Chandler, AZ
    Wendy S, Jul 10, 2003