Soap/ Web services on a web page

jbj

Hey everyone, kind of a weird question, but i am looking to consume a
soap/wsdl based web service on a web page and have no idea where to
start. I would like to use java (axis, etc) so i can use a jsp, but
all my experience with web services have been through stand alone apps
and in the .NET enviroment. What will I need to get a page up and
running? I have the wsdl address and the actual service url for the
WS that i hope to consume, i just need some suggestions on the code to
use. Everything on the net I have found has been in the pre-axis
days, so is not much help. Thanks for the help again.

John Fereira

(e-mail address removed) (jbj) wrote in @posting.google.com:
Hey everyone, kind of a weird question, but i am looking to consume a
soap/wsdl based web service on a web page and have no idea where to
start. I would like to use java (axis, etc) so i can use a jsp, but
all my experience with web services have been through stand alone apps
and in the .NET enviroment. What will I need to get a page up and
running? I have the wsdl address and the actual service url for the
WS that i hope to consume, i just need some suggestions on the code to
use. Everything on the net I have found has been in the pre-axis
days, so is not much help. Thanks for the help again.

Download Axis (xml.apache.org/axis). Compile, install, and execute the
examples.

That should give you a good start.