    Any good IDE? plugin for eclipse?

    Thank you very much.

    chen
    Chen, Nov 14, 2006

  2. Chen

    Guest

    If you can get access to Rational Application Developer (RAD) or
    Rational Software Architecture (RSA), those would be best for you to
    use. Both of them are IBM Tools, with RSA being the most current.
    Eclipse is included within both of the utilities, but the software
    package also includes extended functionalities which would help you
    with SOAP and the associated web services. Outside of those two
    applications...maybe Apache Tomcat would be the best alternative.

    Here's some documentation on using Tomcat with SOAP and web
    applications:
    http://www.onjava.com/pub/a/onjava/2002/02/27/tomcat.html
    http://www.onjava.com/pub/a/onjava/2001/04/19/tomcat.html

    Hope this helps you out. Let me know!

    Chen wrote:
    > Hiya
    >
    > I am developing a web service program. I need to exchange XML document.
    > It seems that soap with attachment is the best choice. But Eclipse dose
    > not support automatic code generation for soap with attachment. Can any
    > one tell me the easiest way to do that? I am newbie.
    >
    > Any good IDE? plugin for eclipse?
    >
    > Thank you very much.
    >
    > chen
    , Nov 15, 2006

  3. Chen

    Tomek Guest

    Hi

    Chen napisal(a):
    > Hiya
    >
    > I am developing a web service program. I need to exchange XML document.
    > It seems that soap with attachment is the best choice. But Eclipse dose
    > not support automatic code generation for soap with attachment. Can any
    > one tell me the easiest way to do that? I am newbie.

    I'm not sure if attachements are required here. Using e.g. XFire (
    http://xfire.codehaus.org ) you can easly send xml documents as regular
    method parameter, but if this documents have a really big size, you can
    send it using MTOM ( just by setting one property on client and server
    ). MyEclipse have a good support for XFire webservices.
    Tomek, Nov 15, 2006
  4. Chen

    Guest

    I think the best choice would be Axis!
    For more info go to http://ws.apache.org/axis/

    Tomek je napisal:
    > Hi
    >
    > Chen napisal(a):
    > > Hiya
    > >
    > > I am developing a web service program. I need to exchange XML document.
    > > It seems that soap with attachment is the best choice. But Eclipse dose
    > > not support automatic code generation for soap with attachment. Can any
    > > one tell me the easiest way to do that? I am newbie.

    > I'm not sure if attachements are required here. Using e.g. XFire (
    > http://xfire.codehaus.org ) you can easly send xml documents as regular
    > method parameter, but if this documents have a really big size, you can
    > send it using MTOM ( just by setting one property on client and server
    > ). MyEclipse have a good support for XFire webservices.
    , Nov 16, 2006
  5. Chen

    Tomek Guest

    napisal(a):
    > I think the best choice would be Axis!
    > For more info go to http://ws.apache.org/axis/

    Best for what ? :) Have you ever used XFire ? Its lot easer to use and
    much faster.
    Tomek, Nov 16, 2006
  6. Chen

    Guest

    Well, xfire doesn't support soap with attachments (but it will be
    supported in xfire 2.0). You can take a look at this comparison at
    http://xfire.codehaus.org/Stack Comparison.

    Tomek je napisal:
    > napisal(a):
    > > I think the best choice would be Axis!
    > > For more info go to http://ws.apache.org/axis/

    > Best for what ? :) Have you ever used XFire ? Its lot easer to use and
    > much faster.
    , Nov 16, 2006
  7. Chen

    Tomek Guest

    napisal(a):
    > Well, xfire doesn't support soap with attachments (but it will be
    > supported in xfire 2.0). You can take a look at this comparison at
    > http://xfire.codehaus.org/Stack Comparison.

    I know that, but it supports MTOM, which is much better for sending
    binary file.
    ..
    Tomek, Nov 16, 2006
  8. Chen

    Guest

    Axis2 also supports MTOM. But that's not that important; If xfire is
    really faster and more developer frendly then yes do use it. But if
    you've been using axis for a longer period of time like me and my
    coworkers and never had any performance problems, then i think it is ok
    to use axis . The point is I don't want to spend to much time learning
    about just another great tool for webservices. Why change the system if
    the system works? But if i'll have some spare time i'll surely try
    xfire and see what it can do.

    Thanks for usefull info.

    Tomek je napisal:
    > napisal(a):
    > > Well, xfire doesn't support soap with attachments (but it will be
    > > supported in xfire 2.0). You can take a look at this comparison at
    > > http://xfire.codehaus.org/Stack Comparison.
    > >

    > I know that, but it supports MTOM, which is much better for sending
    > binary file.
    > .
    , Nov 16, 2006