SOAP with Attachment

Chen

Hiya

I am developing a web service program. I need to exchange XML document.
It seems that soap with attachment is the best choice. But Eclipse dose
not support automatic code generation for soap with attachment. Can any
one tell me the easiest way to do that? I am newbie.

Any good IDE? plugin for eclipse?

Thank you very much.

chen

kylevasatka

If you can get access to Rational Application Developer (RAD) or
Rational Software Architecture (RSA), those would be best for you to
use. Both of them are IBM Tools, with RSA being the most current.
Eclipse is included within both of the utilities, but the software
package also includes extended functionalities which would help you
with SOAP and the associated web services. Outside of those two
applications...maybe Apache Tomcat would be the best alternative.

Here's some documentation on using Tomcat with SOAP and web
applications:
http://www.onjava.com/pub/a/onjava/2002/02/27/tomcat.html
http://www.onjava.com/pub/a/onjava/2001/04/19/tomcat.html

Hope this helps you out. Let me know!

Tomek

Hi

Chen napisal(a):
Hiya

I am developing a web service program. I need to exchange XML document.
It seems that soap with attachment is the best choice. But Eclipse dose
not support automatic code generation for soap with attachment. Can any
one tell me the easiest way to do that? I am newbie.

I'm not sure if attachements are required here. Using e.g. XFire (
http://xfire.codehaus.org ) you can easly send xml documents as regular
method parameter, but if this documents have a really big size, you can
send it using MTOM ( just by setting one property on client and server
). MyEclipse have a good support for XFire webservices.

mate.bestek

Axis2 also supports MTOM. But that's not that important; If xfire is
really faster and more developer frendly then yes do use it. But if
you've been using axis for a longer period of time like me and my
coworkers and never had any performance problems, then i think it is ok
to use axis . The point is I don't want to spend to much time learning
about just another great tool for webservices. Why change the system if
the system works? But if i'll have some spare time i'll surely try
xfire and see what it can do.

Thanks for usefull info.