Soap without WSDL

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Sasa ., Oct 7, 2004.

  1. Sasa .

    Sasa . Guest

    Hi,
    I am relatively new to SOAP and trying to connect to a web service of a
    partner company.
    So far I have failed in the attempts as I have no WSDL file available for
    web service (and due to some compatibility issues they can not produce
    WSDL).

    I have got examples in PHP that are working without WSDL, but I do not know
    how to get the same functionality in either ASP or ASP.NET.

    In php it looks something like this:

    <?php
    require_once "SOAP/Client.php";
    $soapclient = new SOAP_Client("https://CompanySoapServer/service.php ");

    $options = array('namespace' => 'urn:SOAP_CompanyNamespace',
    'curl' => array(CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER => 0,
    CURLOPT_TIMEOUT => 0,
    CURLOPT_SSLCERT => $sslcert,
    CURLOPT_SSLCERTPASSWD => $sslpass),
    'trace' => 0);

    $var->param1=$param1;
    $var->param2=$param2;
    $p = array(new SOAP_Value('var','',$var));
    $ret = $soapclient->call("CompanyWebMethod",$p,$options);
    ?>

    Any suggestions how to do solve this problem?

    Thanks,
    Sasa .

    Sasa ., Oct 7, 2004

  2. Sasa,

    > I am relatively new to SOAP and trying to connect to a web service of a
    > partner company.
    > So far I have failed in the attempts as I have no WSDL file available for
    > web service (and due to some compatibility issues they can not produce
    > WSDL).
    >
    > I have got examples in PHP that are working without WSDL, but I do not

    know
    > how to get the same functionality in either ASP or ASP.NET.
    >
    > In php it looks something like this:
    >
    > <?php
    > require_once "SOAP/Client.php";
    > $soapclient = new SOAP_Client("https://CompanySoapServer/service.php ");
    >
    > $options = array('namespace' => 'urn:SOAP_CompanyNamespace',
    > 'curl' => array(CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER => 0,
    > CURLOPT_TIMEOUT => 0,
    > CURLOPT_SSLCERT => $sslcert,
    > CURLOPT_SSLCERTPASSWD => $sslpass),
    > 'trace' => 0);
    >
    > $var->param1=$param1;
    > $var->param2=$param2;
    > $p = array(new SOAP_Value('var','',$var));
    > $ret = $soapclient->call("CompanyWebMethod",$p,$options);
    > ?>
    >
    > Any suggestions how to do solve this problem?

    I have no clue about PHP, so I can't tell you what it does.... however, the
    way I'd probably approach this would be to try first and see whats going on
    over the network between the existing client and server (say by using a tool
    such as Simon Fell's TcpTrace [1]). With that, you could figure out a lot
    and maybe either manually create the messages in XML and send them using
    HttpWebRequest, or create your own WSDL describing the service and then
    using wsdl.exe to generate a proxy class from there.

    --
    Tomas Restrepo

    Tomas Restrepo \(MVP\), Oct 8, 2004