    Is the easiest to use Jakata Struts http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/index.html

    Regards
    Lars Schouw
    Lars Schouw, Jan 7, 2004

  2. Lars Schouw

    Wendy S Guest

    "Lars Schouw" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > How can I easy get a SPAP interface up and runing for my Sybase database.
    > The messages should be in XML format.

    What is SPAP? Google came up with Secure Password Authentication Protocol?

    > Is the easiest to use Jakata Struts

    http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/index.html

    Struts is a framework for building web applications. Are you trying to
    build a webapp that controls user authentication (and possibly
    authorization)?

    --
    Wendy in Chandler, AZ
    Wendy S, Jan 7, 2004

  3. Lars Schouw

    Lars Schouw Guest

    Sorry Meant SOAP.

    Lars Schouw, Jan 10, 2004
  4. Lars Schouw

    > Sorry Meant SOAP.

    Ahhh... then I think you want Apache Axis, not Struts. Although, if you
    need a web-interface for users, Struts would be good for that part (it
    handles HTML forms) and you could then send/receive SOAP messages from
    supporting classes used in your Struts Actions.

    In an ideal world, Struts should not know or care about your database, it
    should just use objects that have 'read' and 'write' methods to get the data
    it needs and send updates.

    --
    Wendy in Chandler, AZ
    Wendy S, Jan 12, 2004
  5. Lars Schouw

    Lars Schouw Guest

    Wendy

    Just found out that my GUI should be build in Swing.
    What would be easy / good?

    Lars

    Lars Schouw, Jan 14, 2004
  6. Lars Schouw

    > Just found out that my GUI should be build in Swing.
    > What would be easy / good?

    Sorry... I don't do Swing. You might try comp.lang.java.gui for questions.
    But if you keep the database access layer separate, you can write any number
    of front-ends and keep reusing that code.

    --
    Wendy in Chandler, AZ
    Wendy S, Jan 14, 2004