SOAP

Roedy Green

I have been in the background for weeks now trying to get the Amazon
SOAP AWS interface to work. Part of the problem is they change the
API every year but don't update the docs and they have no complete
examples.

I thought I had it today, but all I got back was a response code 400,
reject. I had a peek with Wireshark but could not find any such
response, but I did find a GET of the XSD. Is that normal? Surely it
has everything it needs to know when the XSD is parsed and converted
to Java source code.

Assuming this is being send as https: is there any way to snoop on
what is going on?

Arne Vajhøj

I have been in the background for weeks now trying to get the Amazon
SOAP AWS interface to work. Part of the problem is they change the
API every year but don't update the docs and they have no complete
examples.

I thought I had it today, but all I got back was a response code 400,
reject. I had a peek with Wireshark but could not find any such
response, but I did find a GET of the XSD. Is that normal? Surely it
has everything it needs to know when the XSD is parsed and converted
to Java source code.

Assuming this is being send as https: is there any way to snoop on
what is going on?

What SOAP toolkit are you using? Axis2? The one in Java SE?

If you are not using a SOAP toolkit, then start using one!

Arne