[SOAP4R] empty string in response with method defined by means of add_method

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by aa, Jan 9, 2006.

  1. aa

    aa Guest

    Hi,

    I'm using a java web service with a ruby client. The easiest thing to
    get me up & running quickly was to define the method by means of
    add_method. Hence, I'm not using WSDL.

    Sometimes I get a response where a parameter (formally described in
    WSDL as type="soapenc:string") has attribute nil=true. In other
    occasions it's empty.

    The former is recognized by SOAP4R, telling me that the value is nil.
    But the latter gives me a SOAP::Mapping::Object with @__soap_value={}
    and @soap_value_type={}.

    I don't know really what to do with this value. How can I either get an
    empty string or understanand that the resulting object is really empty?

    Thanks
    AA

    aa, Jan 9, 2006

  2. Re: [SOAP4R] empty string in response with method defined by meansof add_method

    NAKAMURA, Hiroshi, Feb 5, 2006