    in my SOAP4R SOAP::RPC:StandaloneServer subclass?

    Regards,

    Peter
    Peter C. Verhage, Jan 15, 2005

  2. --------------enigB12AE436EC3AAE247FAB1DD5

    Hi,

    Peter C. Verhage wrote:
    > Does anybody know how I can raise an SOAP error with a custom fault code
    > in my SOAP4R SOAP::RPC:StandaloneServer subclass?

    Soap4r does not support SOAP Fault Codes
    now...(http://rrr.jin.gr.jp/doc/soap4r/RELEASE_en.html#restrictions) As
    far as I know, you're the first person to try to do it.

    I just modified the server implementation a little to let user allow to
    return a SOAPFault instance. Following is excerpt of
    http://rrr.jin.gr.jp/projects/soap4r/file/trunk/test/soap/fault/test_customfault.rb.

    class CustomFaultServer < SOAP::RPC::StandaloneServer
    def on_init
    add_method(self, 'fault', 'msg')
    end

    def fault(msg)
    SOAPFault.new(SOAPString.new("mycustom"),
    SOAPString.new("error: #{msg}"),
    SOAPString.new(self.class.name))
    end
    end

    Snapshot tarball is at http://rrr.jin.gr.jp/download/ . With the latest
    snapshot tarball, you can set a SOAPString as a faultcode(the first
    parameter of SOAPFault#new) but it might not be enough for your usage.

    Would you please try it and let me know what is still missing.

    # ticket: http://rrr.jin.gr.jp/projects/soap4r/ticket/63

    Regards,
    // NaHi

    NAKAMURA, Hiroshi, Jan 16, 2005

  3. NAKAMURA, Hiroshi wrote:
    > Would you please try it and let me know what is still missing.

    Thanks for your quick reply and implementation! I will test it as soon
    as possible, hopefully in the next few days. Will let you know if
    anything is missing (but it doesn't look like it).

    Regards,

    Peter
    Peter C. Verhage, Jan 16, 2005