SOAPAction Header Deprecated - how to Distinguish SOAP from HTTP request?

Abstract

My original code distinguished SOAP over HTTP from browser-basedHTTP
requests by looking for the SOAPAction header in the HTTP request.

Now that this header is deprecated, how am I to filter out SOAP from
HTTP?

Please note that I am not using AXIS.

I considered checking if the Accept header includes
application/xml+soap, but not all SOAP implementations include this
header.

Thanks.

Mike Schilling

Abstract said:
My original code distinguished SOAP over HTTP from browser-basedHTTP
requests by looking for the SOAPAction header in the HTTP request.

Now that this header is deprecated, how am I to filter out SOAP from
HTTP?

Look for the SOAP envelope? I can see that you wouldn't want to do a
complete XML parse of the document, but looking for "<xxx:Envelope" isn't
too bad. Of course, you'll also have to allow for the XML header to be
present, and handle character encodings as well (look for the BOM if you
support UTF-16, etc.)