SoapException invalid SOAPAction

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Markus Broy, Aug 15, 2003.

  1. Markus Broy

    Markus Broy Guest

    Hi,

    I am trying to call a webmethod on a web server from an onther server. Doing
    this I get the following exception (German):

    System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Die Anforderung kann ohne
    gültigen action-Parameter nicht behandelt werden. Geben Sie eine gültige
    SOAPAction an.
    at
    System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClient
    Message message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean
    asyncCall)
    at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String
    methodName, Object[] parameters)

    Translated (not exactly the english message but the meaning): The request
    cannot be executed without a valid action parameter.

    If I call the same webmethod from another program installed on the web
    server everything works fine.

    Any ideas?

    Thank you in advance.

    Markus Broy
    Markus Broy, Aug 15, 2003

  2. Markus Broy

    sacrelegious Guest

    You're missing the SOAPAction in the http header. The SOAPAction tells
    the server which method in the service to call..

    try this...
    [objName].setRequestHeader "SOAPAction", "[the actual value]"

    sacrelegious, Sep 1, 2003