Server: Microsoft-IIS/5.1
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2004 13:02:23 GMT

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<soap:Body>
<soap:Fault>
<faultcode>Server.Problem</faultcode>
<faultstring>Here is a &quot;quote&quot;.</faultstring>
<detail />
</soap:Fault>
</soap:Body>
</soap:Envelope>

Uninstalling SP1 is not an option because we can't afford to reinstall the
..net Framework on every customers server, which is the only way to get rid of
that service pack.

Thanks for any help!
Dany

Guest

I think it works correctly since \" is a special character. &quot;
represents \" character!

Bye

Guest

A quote (") in the XML document (utf-8) should be correctly a quote and not
the characters """. This correctly worked before SP1. We have uninstalled
(reinstalled .net Framework without SP1 on 1 server) and there it's working
correctly again. If you have a Soap Client and display the error message you
can see what I mean. You can also just have a look at the SOAP response in an
XML editor and see that the characters are wrong.

Dany

Guest

It seems that this newsgroup clients converts the & q u o t ; to a quote so
my last post should say:
.... correctly a quote (") and not the characters & q u o t ; .
The same is also the case for all german "Umlaute" like ä, ö, etc.