SoapException: Server was unable to process request. Access denied

Cosp

I am trying to compile a Web service in VS 2005.
It builds fine, but as I try to run it it gives me an access denied on the
publish directory (using the ASP.NET development server).

the error:

System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process
request. ---> System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path
'C:\Documents and Settings\XYZ\My Documents\Visual Studio
2005\WebSites\XXXWebService' is denied

I opened up the directory to ASP.Net user with no luck, then I opened it to
Everyone, still not working.
The web.config does not seem to understand the <identity impersonate> tag
(it wouldn't build).

Thanks for any advice.

Cosp

John Saunders

Cosp said:
I am trying to compile a Web service in VS 2005.
It builds fine, but as I try to run it it gives me an access denied on the
publish directory (using the ASP.NET development server).

the error:

System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process
request. ---> System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path
'C:\Documents and Settings\XYZ\My Documents\Visual Studio
2005\WebSites\XXXWebService' is denied

I opened up the directory to ASP.Net user with no luck, then I opened it
Everyone, still not working.
The web.config does not seem to understand the <identity impersonate> tag
(it wouldn't build).

I recently had a problem that sounds similar. I had a program which was
trying to access "C:\path\", and got an access denied error.

This was because it only had the path, but no filename. It was, in effect,
trying to access the folder as though it were a file. This was just a matter
of a bad exception thrown by .NET. The real exception was that I was missing
the file name.

John