SOAPException

Gary Dunne

This is a strange error that I' m having a lot of trouble trying to solve.

I have added a webservice to an IIS app that had 2 web services already
defined. The two existing services run fine.
When I call the new webservice I get the message below.
When I run the app with a copy of explorer open at the correct location, I
can see the temporary DLL being created and then deleted in quick sucession
(C:\DOCUME~1\2ED51313\ASPNET\LOCALS~1\Temp\qss7fsdo.dll)
On stepping through the code I find that the error is being raised in the
proxy class on the "Invoke" line.
I have reduced the code in the new service to a skeleton class so there is
no possibility that there error is coming form there.

Anyone got any ideas ?

Thanks

Gary Dunne

' ***********************************************

An unhandled exception of type 'System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException'
occurred in system.web.services.dll

Additional information: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server
was unable to process request. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: File or
assembly name qss7fsdo.dll, or one of its dependencies, was not found.
File name: "qss7fsdo.dll"
at System.Reflection.Assembly.nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String
codeBase, Boolean isStringized, Evidence assemblySecurity, Boolean
throwOnFileNotFound, Assembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
at System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(AssemblyName assemblyRef,
Boolean stringized, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
at System.Reflection.Assembly.Load(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence
assemblySecurity)
at System.CodeDom.Compiler.CompilerResults.get_CompiledAssembly()
at System.CodeDom.Compiler.CompilerResults.get_CompiledAssembly()
at System.Xml.Serialization.Compiler.Compile()
at System.Xml.Serialization.TempAssembly..ctor(XmlMapping[] xmlMappings)
at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.FromMappings(XmlMapping[]
mappings)
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapServerType..ctor(Type type,
ProtocolsEnum versionsSupported)
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapServerProtocol.Initialize()
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.ServerProtocolFactory.Create(Type type,
HttpContext context, HttpRequest request, HttpResponse response, Boolean&
abortProcessing)

=== Pre-bind state information ===
LOG: Where-ref bind. Location =
C:\DOCUME~1\2ED51313\ASPNET\LOCALS~1\Temp\qss7fsdo.dll
LOG: Appbase = file:///c:/inetpub/wwwroot/Mastek
LOG: Initial PrivatePath = bin
Calling assembly : (Unknown).
===

LOG: Policy not being applied to reference at this time (private, custom,
partial, or location-based assembly bind).
LOG: Attempting download of new URL
file:///C:/DOCUME~1/2ED51313/ASPNET/LOCALS~1/Temp/qss7fsdo.dll.