SOAPException

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Gary Dunne, Jul 30, 2004.

  1. Gary Dunne

    Gary Dunne Guest

    This is a strange error that I' m having a lot of trouble trying to solve.

    I have added a webservice to an IIS app that had 2 web services already
    defined. The two existing services run fine.
    When I call the new webservice I get the message below.
    When I run the app with a copy of explorer open at the correct location, I
    can see the temporary DLL being created and then deleted in quick sucession
    (C:\DOCUME~1\2ED51313\ASPNET\LOCALS~1\Temp\qss7fsdo.dll)
    On stepping through the code I find that the error is being raised in the
    proxy class on the "Invoke" line.
    I have reduced the code in the new service to a skeleton class so there is
    no possibility that there error is coming form there.

    Anyone got any ideas ?

    Thanks

    Gary Dunne

    ' ***********************************************

    An unhandled exception of type 'System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException'
    occurred in system.web.services.dll

    Additional information: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server
    was unable to process request. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: File or
    assembly name qss7fsdo.dll, or one of its dependencies, was not found.
    File name: "qss7fsdo.dll"
    at System.Reflection.Assembly.nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String
    codeBase, Boolean isStringized, Evidence assemblySecurity, Boolean
    throwOnFileNotFound, Assembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
    at System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(AssemblyName assemblyRef,
    Boolean stringized, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
    at System.Reflection.Assembly.Load(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence
    assemblySecurity)
    at System.CodeDom.Compiler.CompilerResults.get_CompiledAssembly()
    at System.CodeDom.Compiler.CompilerResults.get_CompiledAssembly()
    at System.Xml.Serialization.Compiler.Compile()
    at System.Xml.Serialization.TempAssembly..ctor(XmlMapping[] xmlMappings)
    at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.FromMappings(XmlMapping[]
    mappings)
    at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapServerType..ctor(Type type,
    ProtocolsEnum versionsSupported)
    at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapServerProtocol.Initialize()
    at System.Web.Services.Protocols.ServerProtocolFactory.Create(Type type,
    HttpContext context, HttpRequest request, HttpResponse response, Boolean&
    abortProcessing)

    === Pre-bind state information ===
    LOG: Where-ref bind. Location =
    C:\DOCUME~1\2ED51313\ASPNET\LOCALS~1\Temp\qss7fsdo.dll
    LOG: Appbase = file:///c:/inetpub/wwwroot/Mastek
    LOG: Initial PrivatePath = bin
    Calling assembly : (Unknown).
    ===

    LOG: Policy not being applied to reference at this time (private, custom,
    partial, or location-based assembly bind).
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL
    file:///C:/DOCUME~1/2ED51313/ASPNET/LOCALS~1/Temp/qss7fsdo.dll.

    Gary Dunne, Jul 30, 2004