SoapExtension for Global Exception handling; but prevent exception from propagating!!

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by VSK, Jul 29, 2003.

  1. VSK

    VSK Guest

    Hi,

    I wrote a SoapExtension for Global Exception handling in Webservice and it
    works!!!!

    Now i want to catch the exception that happen in the ASP.NET layer..So i try
    to use Application_Error in Global.asax file of webapplication project.

    It works fine for ASP.NET exceptions.

    But for Webservice level exceptions also Application_Error in Global.asax
    file of webapplication project is called which i dont want to happen coz am
    handling that in SoapExtension.

    I wanted to clear the error after it is handled in WebService level. and do
    not wnat it to be propagated ..

    I think i have to use System.Web.HttpContext.Current.Server..ClearError()
    somewhere after the exception is handles in webservice layer.

    Any ideas where it can be cleared or is there any other way?

    FYI:
    Our Architecture:
    ASP..NET and IIS in 1 box
    Webservices and Business components in another box
    and DB in another box.
    we try to access the business components using Webservices..

    Thnaks
    VSK
    VSK, Jul 29, 2003