SoapHttpClientProtocol.invoke hangs after 1000s of web servicecalls...

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Ojas, Feb 18, 2009.

  1. Ojas

    Ojas Guest

    I am using a web service with my C# application. I am making the web
    service calls using the VS 2005 generated proxy helper classes for the
    web service's WSDL file.

    A problem I encountered is that if I leave my application running
    overnight in Visual Studio, eventually after 2 to 3 hours, one of my
    SoapHttpClientProtocol.invoke() calls will hang and not timeout. It
    will stay that way for hours until I manually stop the application.

    Does anyone have any insight into what may be wrong?

    I do not see it trying to do remote debugging or anything like that.

    The call stack is

    [External Code]
    myfunction's call to SoapHttpClientProtocol.invoke()
    .... all my calls ..
    [External Code]
    Ojas, Feb 18, 2009