SOAPpy and ArrayOfKeyValue

Discussion in 'Python' started by Alex Ezell, Oct 9, 2007.

  1. Alex Ezell

    Alex Ezell Guest

    Can anyone offer any assistance as to how to convert a basic python
    dictionary, list, or even tuple into the SOAP type "ArrayOfKeyValue"?

    I am currently using SOAPpy, but would be willing to change to ZSI or
    something else if it made this conversion easier.

    I have tried with the arrayType and structType methods in
    SOAPpy.Types, yet they don't seem to do what I need. I suspect there
    might not be just a single method call, so, I wrote something like
    this:

    def dictToKeyValue(self, mydict):
    soap_list = []
    for key,value in mydict.items():
    inner = []
    inner.append(SOAPpy.stringType(key,'key'))
    inner.append(SOAPpy.stringType(value,'value'))
    soap_list.append(SOAPpy.arrayType(inner))
    print soap_list
    return SOAPpy.arrayType(soap_list)

    As you can see, it's pretty nasty and doesn't do what I need either. I
    have a client that was written in PHP which I am converting. It uses
    this function (which calls the PEAR SOAP library):

    function assocArrayToKeyValue($array) {
    $soap_array = array();
    foreach($array as $key=>$value) {
    $inner = array();
    $inner[] =& new SOAP_Value('key', 'string', $key);
    $inner[] =& new SOAP_Value('value', 'string', $value);
    $soap_array[] =& new SOAP_Value("item",
    "{{$this->wsdl_urn}}KeyValue", $inner);
    }
    return $soap_array;
    }

    Unfortunately, I don't really have a way to see exactly what
    $soap_array is so that I could emulate it in my Python code.

    Any pointers or suggestions are very much appreciated.

    /alex

    Alex Ezell, Oct 9, 2007