SOAPpy, client, execute method that has 'complex' input parameter (with list)?

Bartas

Hi,
I'am writting a simple SOAP client in python (2.4) using SOAPpy lib.

I've met with this problem:

when I want to send a list of complex type using
some method from WebService(java,WAS),

I'v got an exception:
**********************

SOAPpy.Types.faultType:

<Fault Server.generalException: org.xml.sax.SAXException:
WSWS3136E: Error: No deserializer defined for
array type {http://www.w3.org/1999/XMLSchema}instance: >

I understand that this exception comes from WebService
server(WAS,java),
and I know the reason of this exception,

A SOAP request genereted by SOAPpy contains invalid information
about Type of objects (which I've send).

Example:
*******

ServerSide (I know a list o methods and data types, so I don't read
WSDL)
server serve method:

sendMyElements(MyClass input)

where

'MyClass' is a class which contains two fields:
'sessionId' --------- just STRING
'myElements'--------- an array of 'MyElement'

where

'MyElement' is class which contains some simple string fields (name,
desecr)

ClientSide
--------------------

from SOAPpy import WSDL

url =
'http://localhost:9080/RouterTestWeb/services/Test/wsdl/Test.wsdl'

serv = WSDL.Proxy(url)

print serv.methods.keys()

class MyElement:
def __init__(self,x,y):
self.name=x
self.descr=y

class MyClass:
def __init__(self):
self.sessionId="someSessionId-someSessionId-someSessionId"

#!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOOK THIS LINE
self.myElements
=MyElement("a","a"),MyElement("b","b"),MyElement("c","")]

print serv.sendMyElements(MyClass())

Look at the line where I create list of elements MyElement,
In python type 'list' is able to store object of any type
(example: [123,"sddsf",MyElement()]),

Maybe this type ('list') gives me to abstract level, cause whey:

list=['a',213,MyElement('as',''),MyElement('adsf',''),MyElement('asdsad','')]
print type(list)
for a in list:
print a,type(a)

I get ...
<type 'list'> -------for list, below for list's elements
a <type 'str'>
213 <type 'int'>
<__main__.MyElement instance at 0x00D4ABC0> <type 'instance'>
<__main__.MyElement instance at 0x00D56C10> <type 'instance'>
<__main__.MyElement instance at 0x00D56CD8> <type 'instance'>

Important, the type(MyElement("sadas","sad")) returns <type
'instance'>
and this information (I think) is used by SOAPpy lib while creating
SOAP request,

a piece of SOAP request:
<saveArrayOfData SOAP-ENC:arrayType="xsd:instance[3]"
xsi:type="SOAP-ENC:Array" SOAP-ENC:root="0" id="i2">
<item href="#i4"/>
<item href="#i5"/>
<item href="#i6"/>
</saveArrayOfData>

I see here, that I'am sending an array of object 'instance'
(SOAP-ENC:arrayType="xsd:instance[3]"),
but a want to send an array of MyElements.

QUESTIONs
*********
1. What shoud I do send an array of objects only one type (MyElement) ?
- create more strict data type than 'list'?
- force object - an instance of MyElement class to return proper
info
about 'type' (type(MyElement('','')))

2. Maybe, I should use 'wsdl2py' to create valid structures (but
'wsdl2py' sometimes fails
while parsing my WSDLs - with error RuntimeError: maximum recursion
depth exceeded)

3. Maybe, I should use other library than SOAPpy

Thanks for any help,
Bartek