socket and Ctl-C workaround?

Tony Nelson

I've been trying to figure out why Ctl-C sometimes doesn't interrupt
yum. It appears to be unresolved Python bug 926423, unresolved proposed
patch 1102879, don't know if anything ever came of it. Note that I
cannot ask all yum users to apply the patch. I'm not sure I should be
getting rid of the timeout, either.

When a Ctl-C is lost, sometimes it is silently eaten, and other times it
becomes socket.error(11,...) (EWOULDBLOCK). As (AFAICT) the socket in
question is a blocking socket, I could use that nonsense exception to
detect at least some of the lost Ctl-Cs (eww). The socket does have a
timeout.

Note that I am using FC5 Linux, Python 2.4.2.
TonyN.:' *firstname*nlsnews@georgea*lastname*.com
' <http://www.georgeanelson.com/>