Socket component in a browser

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Morten, Dec 3, 2003.

  1. Morten

    Morten Guest

    Hi,

    I have a problem with TCP communication in a browser.

    The case:
    I have made a control using C#. It consist of a GUI and a socket interface
    (TcpClient). The GUI is a WindowsControlLibrary. I have no security
    restrictions in the browser for this test (Full trust).

    When I run the control in the browser, it is displayed as it should, but
    when I hit my Connect button, it create a TcpClient, but when I use the
    GetStream function it takes about 2 minutes before it moves on.
    I have made a server as a standard Windows app, and I am able to see, that
    the GetStream call from my browserClient is received at ones in the server
    app.

    Does anyone have a good idea of how to get rid of this delay ???

    Morten Larsen

    Morten, Dec 3, 2003

  2. Morten

    Morten Guest

    Hi,

    A little correction !
    As I wrote before it isn't the GetStream function that result in a delay,
    but the Connect function. I am still able to see that the Server socket
    accepts the connection request.

    Morten

    Morten, Dec 3, 2003