    and i cant find where to start the shell directly. think i had an exe
    before but cant seem to find it now.

    , Mar 30, 2008

  2. En Sun, 30 Mar 2008 16:46:00 -0300, <> escribió:

    > using python and wpython.

    Soory, I don't know what wpython is

    > when using run module or python shell on the run menu in the GUI i get
    > "socket error, connection refused".
    >
    > it worked before, what si wrong now?

    Try to detect what changed on your system between "before" and "now".

    > and i cant find where to start the shell directly. think i had an exe
    > before but cant seem to find it now.

    python.exe?

    --
    Gabriel Genellina

    Gabriel Genellina, Mar 30, 2008

  3. wrote:
    > using python and wpython.

    What's wpython?

    > when using run module or python shell on the run menu in the GUI i
    > get "socket error, connection refused".
    >
    > it worked before, what si wrong now?

    There's no process listening for the port you try to connect to, so
    the target host refuses.

    > and i cant find where to start the shell directly.

    Well, for me, ALT-F2 xterm[Enter] works.

    > think i had an exe before but cant seem to find it now.

    You mean the Python interpreter? It's probably located on your
    system root in a directory called python<version>. But I'd rather
    use IDLE.

    Regards,

    Björn

    --
    BOFH excuse #338:

    old inkjet cartridges emanate barium-based fumes

    Bjoern Schliessmann, Mar 30, 2008
  4. On Sun, 30 Mar 2008 12:46:00 -0700 (PDT), declaimed
    the following in comp.lang.python:

    > hi
    >
    > using python and wpython.
    >
    > when using run module or python shell on the run menu in the GUI i get
    > "socket error, connection refused".

    If by "GUI" you mean IDLE, make sure you haven't changed any
    firewall settings.
    --
    Wulfraed Dennis Lee Bieber KD6MOG

    HTTP://wlfraed.home.netcom.com/
    (Bestiaria Support Staff: )
    HTTP://www.bestiaria.com/

    Dennis Lee Bieber, Mar 31, 2008

    i mean vpython(www.vpython.org).

    tried wi5th the normal IDLE too and it worked later after i posted
    this but now it doesnt work again. and i havent chnaged my firewall in
    between.

    python.exe works but i want the idle not the dos-interpreter.

    , Apr 1, 2008
  6. En Mon, 31 Mar 2008 23:28:13 -0300, <> escribió:

    > tried wi5th the normal IDLE too and it worked later after i posted
    > this but now it doesnt work again. and i havent chnaged my firewall in
    > between.

    Perhaps any other running process has opened the port that IDLE uses to
    communicate with the running program. Or you have IDLE already running.
    See if you have python.exe/pythonw.exe processes running.
    Or go to Help, IDLE Help, and read the section "Running without a
    subprocess"

    --
    Gabriel Genellina

    Gabriel Genellina, Apr 1, 2008