socket library problem under aix

Michael Petroni

hello *,

i have a problem with python 2.2.3 under aix 4.3.3 compiled with gcc
version 2.9-aix51-020209 (rpm package from ibm).

the following code works fine under all other systems:

---
import socket
s.bind(("", 7111))
s.listen(1)
while 1:
(c, addr) = s.accept()
c.close()
---

the first connect against this miniserver works (even the connection is
closed again as expected from the code).

the second loop hangs at the accept call and never comes back. a
netstat -a command tells me that the program is still listening on that
port, but a telnet against the server brings a connection timeout.

i've tried the same code under different operating systems (win, linux,
openbsd) with different python versions and it works fine there.

does anyone know where the problem is?

thanx!

rg.
mike