    tutorials.

    Where to go? I've wasted quite a lot of time.

    Thanks, Matt

    ballpointpenthief, Jan 5, 2006

  2. ballpointpenthief

    jacob navia Guest

    ballpointpenthief a écrit :
    > Is this group the correct place to ask this question?
    >
    > Since no-one has answered me as yet I will post it here anyway.
    > = = = = == = ==== = = =====
    >
    > I'm trying to program sockets in C, very trivial usage.
    >
    > Using lcc-win32:
    > I get some compilation error about #include being to deeply nested.
    >
    > Using dev-c++:
    > I get linker errors for some commands.
    >
    > I suspect that my lack of knowledge as to what header files and what to
    > put in the linker is the cause of my grief.
    > The code is straightforward. {socket(), connect(), and suchlike} &
    > {socket(), bind(), listen(), accept() and suchlike} that I found on two
    > tutorials.
    >
    > Where to go? I've wasted quite a lot of time.
    >
    > Thanks, Matt

    Hi

    The first thing to do is read the documentation... isn't it?

    Download from the lcc-win32 site:
    http://www.q-software-solutions.de/pub/tutorial.pdf
    and read the Network Programming part, beginning with
    section 4.7: Client/Server programming using sockets.

    When you understand that, you can go further. Since lcc-win32
    is not on topic here (this group is about the C language)
    pose any further questions in the newsgroup
    comp.compilers.lcc

    jacob

    jacob navia, Jan 5, 2006

  3. "ballpointpenthief" <> writes:
    > Is this group the correct place to ask this question?

    No.

    > Since no-one has answered me as yet I will post it here anyway.
    > = = = = == = ==== = = =====
    >
    > I'm trying to program sockets in C, very trivial usage.
    >
    > Using lcc-win32:
    > I get some compilation error about #include being to deeply nested.
    >
    > Using dev-c++:
    > I get linker errors for some commands.

    Standard C has no support for sockets; they're supported (if at all)
    through add-on libraries. Since both implementations you mention are
    Windows-specific (I know lcc-win32 is; I *think* dev-c++ is), you
    might try comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.win32. Or, as jacob
    mentioned, there's a comp.compilers.lcc group where general questions
    about using lcc-win32 seem to be considered topical.

    Keith Thompson, Jan 5, 2006
  4. ballpointpenthief

    Chuck F. Guest

    ballpointpenthief wrote:

    > Is this group the correct place to ask this question?
    >
    > Since no-one has answered me as yet I will post it here anyway.
    > = = = = == = ==== = = =====
    >
    > I'm trying to program sockets in C, very trivial usage.
    >
    > Using lcc-win32:
    > I get some compilation error about #include being to deeply nested.
    >
    > Using dev-c++:
    > I get linker errors for some commands.

    If you had posted it here you would have been told it was
    off-topic. At any rate, try a group that deals with your system,
    or comp.compilers.lcc (for the lcc operation)

    Chuck F., Jan 6, 2006
  5. ballpointpenthief

    Chuck F. Guest

    jacob navia wrote:
    > ballpointpenthief a écrit :
    >> Is this group the correct place to ask this question?
    >>
    >> Since no-one has answered me as yet I will post it here
    >> anyway. = = = = == = ==== = = =====

    .... snip ...

    > The first thing to do is read the documentation... isn't it?
    >
    > Download from the lcc-win32 site:
    > http://www.q-software-solutions.de/pub/tutorial.pdf and read the
    > Network Programming part, beginning with section 4.7:
    > Client/Server programming using sockets.
    >
    > When you understand that, you can go further. Since lcc-win32 is
    > not on topic here (this group is about the C language) pose any
    > further questions in the newsgroup comp.compilers.lcc

    Well done Jacob. This should bring no topicality complaints.

    Chuck F., Jan 6, 2006
  6. ballpointpenthief

    Richard Bos Guest

    "Chuck F. " <> wrote:

    > jacob navia wrote:
    > > Download from the lcc-win32 site:
    > > http://www.q-software-solutions.de/pub/tutorial.pdf and read the
    > > Network Programming part, beginning with section 4.7:
    > > Client/Server programming using sockets.
    > >
    > > When you understand that, you can go further. Since lcc-win32 is
    > > not on topic here (this group is about the C language) pose any
    > > further questions in the newsgroup comp.compilers.lcc

    > Well done Jacob. This should bring no topicality complaints.

    Right. I know I've called Jacob various things in the past, but this,
    Jacob, was one I can quite agree with.

    Richard

    Richard Bos, Jan 6, 2006
  7. In article <4all.nl>,
    Richard Bos <> wrote:
    >"Chuck F. " <> wrote:
    >
    >> jacob navia wrote:
    >> > Download from the lcc-win32 site:
    >> > http://www.q-software-solutions.de/pub/tutorial.pdf and read the
    >> > Network Programming part, beginning with section 4.7:
    >> > Client/Server programming using sockets.
    >> >
    >> > When you understand that, you can go further. Since lcc-win32 is
    >> > not on topic here (this group is about the C language) pose any
    >> > further questions in the newsgroup comp.compilers.lcc

    >> Well done Jacob. This should bring no topicality complaints.

    >Right. I know I've called Jacob various things in the past, but this,
    >Jacob, was one I can quite agree with.

    Good doggie, good doggie.

    I'll bet he is soooooooo thrilled.

    Kenny McCormack, Jan 6, 2006