    assuming am sitted on my PC, and want to be notified when some one
    else logs on to his machine. throught some kind of pop-up

    how can i use C socket programming concepts to achieve this ?
    xunil, May 20, 2004

  2. xunil

    Peter Hansen Guest

    xunil wrote:
    > assuming am sitted on my PC, and want to be notified when some one
    > else logs on to his machine. throught some kind of pop-up
    >
    > how can i use C socket programming concepts to achieve this ?

    A couple of questions:

    1. Why do you say "C" specifically? This is a newsgroup/mailing list
    for the Python language. Surely you aren't saying you don't want to
    use Python for this?

    2. Why constrain the solution at all like that? Wouldn't you
    prefer to use the simplest solution, even if it doesn't involve
    writing code that directly uses sockets?

    3. (Okay, I have three questions...) What platform? OS? GUI?

    -Peter
    Peter Hansen, May 20, 2004