socket programming UDP

aa

when I want to write in the socket (UDP) using the write send or sento
function I get this message Destination address required
when I want to write something in the socket TCP I get the folowing
message brocken pipe.
I have looked everywhere i can find any thing wrong, where is the
mistake?

Walter Roberson

:when I want to write in the socket (UDP) using the write send or sento
:function I get this message Destination address required
: when I want to write something in the socket TCP I get the folowing
:message brocken pipe.
:I have looked everywhere i can find any thing wrong, where is the
:mistake?

Using sockets sucessfully takes a bit of set-up work. You have not
shown us the code you use, so it is difficult for us to tell what
is going wrong.

As sockets are not part of the C language itself, your problem
might be platform specific. We suggest you find a working example
program for your platform and study it. If you still have problems
after that, then a newsgroup such as one of the comp.unix ones
is a better place to ask, as this newsgroup prefers to concentrate
on what can be done through standard C alone.