    programming, and handling different protocols, etc.

    Thanks,

    J.L.

    Poiquiop, Feb 28, 2004

  2. Poiquiop

    Artie Gold Guest

    Poiquiop wrote:
    > Hi. I was wondering if there were any good tutorials related to socket
    > programming, and handling different protocols, etc.

    1) You're off topic here, as standard C++ knows not of sockets.
    2) This ain't no steenkin' chat room. You posted the same question
    minutes ago.
    3) STFW! GIYF! [1]

    HTH,
    --ag

    [1] Doing a web search is faster than -- and should always come before
    -- posting a question to usenet. Google for `socket tutorial'.

    --
    Artie Gold -- Austin, Texas

    "Yeah. It's an urban legend. But it's a *great* urban legend!"

    Artie Gold, Feb 28, 2004

  3. Poiquiop

    SaltPeter Guest

    "Poiquiop" <> wrote in message
    > Hi. I was wondering if there were any good tutorials related to socket
    > programming, and handling different protocols, etc.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > J.L.

    Try asking in alt.winsock.programming.

    SaltPeter, Feb 29, 2004
  4. "SaltPeter" <> wrote in message

    > "Poiquiop" <> wrote in message
    > > Hi. I was wondering if there were any good tutorials related to socket
    > > programming, and handling different protocols, etc.
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > >
    > > J.L.

    > Try asking in alt.winsock.programming.

    NB it is easy to get carried away with unecessarily wrapping the sockets API
    in classes -
    don't over do it - the full power of API does not map well into classes
    although a
    subset of the functionality specific to your requirements often does.

    I still use "UNIX Network programming" by stevens which is good but C and a
    bit old.

    Nick Hounsome, Feb 29, 2004