Socket Programming

Discussion in 'C++' started by Sandy, Feb 2, 2007.

  1. Sandy

    Sandy Guest

    Hi All,
    I'm a newbe to socket programming, I need to work on a project that
    has to be developed in C++ or Visual C++ ( I have 8.0 version) console
    application. which will be execute from a Java GUI application using
    dos command and pass a userid, password and a port number( to connect
    back to Java GUI using TCPprovided ) using the user and password
    information I need to connect to a vendor using there API and get the
    information from the vendor and pa it back to the Java GUI appl using
    the port number provided.

    Some of my questions

    How do I connect back to Java GUI using the provided port number and
    how do I send the information to this port. I believe I need to use
    some socket programming. but not sure of the best approach.

    I would greatly apreciate if some one can provide me some good
    suggestions.

    Regards,
    Sandy
    Sandy, Feb 2, 2007

  2. Sandy

    IR Guest

    Sandy wrote:

    > Hi All,
    > I'm a newbe to socket programming, I need to work on a project
    > that has to be developed in C++ or Visual C++ ( I have 8.0
    > version) console application. which will be execute from a Java
    > GUI application using dos command and pass a userid, password and
    > a port number( to connect back to Java GUI using TCPprovided )
    > using the user and password information I need to connect to a
    > vendor using there API and get the information from the vendor and
    > pa it back to the Java GUI appl using the port number provided.
    >
    > Some of my questions
    >
    > How do I connect back to Java GUI using the provided port number
    > and how do I send the information to this port. I believe I need
    > to use some socket programming. but not sure of the best approach.
    >
    > I would greatly apreciate if some one can provide me some good
    > suggestions.

    This group is not qualified to deal with this kind of questions.
    It's all about *standard* C++. Sockets, Visual C++, Java or GUI are
    not part of the ISO IEC 14882 standard.

    I'd suggest you to ask your questions to a more qualified group,
    which deals with your platform (with "microsoft" and/or "visual"
    and/or "windows" in the group name).

    Cheers,
    --
    IR
    IR, Feb 2, 2007

  3. Sandy wrote:
    > Hi All,
    > I'm a newbe to socket programming, I need to work on a project that
    > has to be developed in C++ or Visual C++ ( I have 8.0 version) console
    > application. which will be execute from a Java GUI application using
    > dos command and pass a userid, password and a port number( to connect
    > back to Java GUI using TCPprovided ) using the user and password
    > information I need to connect to a vendor using there API and get the
    > information from the vendor and pa it back to the Java GUI appl using
    > the port number provided.
    >
    > Some of my questions
    >
    > How do I connect back to Java GUI using the provided port number and
    > how do I send the information to this port. I believe I need to use
    > some socket programming. but not sure of the best approach.
    >
    > I would greatly apreciate if some one can provide me some good
    > suggestions.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Sandy

    Your question is not relevant in this newsgroup, but do a search for the
    winsock programmers FAQ.

    --
    Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP]
    Scott McPhillips [MVP], Feb 2, 2007