Socket programming

Nhan Ngo

Hi all,
I have 3 ethernet interfaces in my linux box connected to 3 interface
of other linux box. Is there any good way to write a small program to
transfer a big file ( ~ 2 GB ) using 3 lines connection in the same
time to decrease upload time? Any idea

Thx,

Andrew Smallshaw

Hi all,
I have 3 ethernet interfaces in my linux box connected to 3 interface
of other linux box. Is there any good way to write a small program to
transfer a big file ( ~ 2 GB ) using 3 lines connection in the same
time to decrease upload time? Any idea

Try asking on comp.unix.programmer and/or comp.protocols.tcp-ip,
where this question is on topic and more qualified people will be
on hand to assist.

Flash Gordon

Andrew Smallshaw wrote, On 24/11/08 09:07:
Try asking on comp.unix.programmer and/or comp.protocols.tcp-ip,
where this question is on topic and more qualified people will be
on hand to assist.

I would actually suggest a more general group as there are almost
certainly better ways to do it than writing your own SW. Start by
looking up bonding.

CBFalconer

Nhan said:
I have 3 ethernet interfaces in my linux box connected to 3
interface of other linux box. Is there any good way to write a
small program to transfer a big file ( ~ 2 GB ) using 3 lines
connection in the same time to decrease upload time? Any idea

Sockets are off-topic on c.l.c. Try comp.unix.programmer.