    I need to test if a socket descriptor is valid before I call recv
    to read data from socket

    Is it possible to do that

    mbm, Sep 27, 2007

  2. mbm

    Ian Collins Guest

    mbm wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > I don't know if this the approriate place where to post this question
    >
    > I need to test if a socket descriptor is valid before I call recv
    > to read data from socket
    >
    > Is it possible to do that

    comp.unix.programmer or the equivalent winsock group would be the place
    to ask.

    --
    Ian Collins.

    Ian Collins, Sep 27, 2007

  3. mbm

    CBFalconer Guest

    mbm wrote:

    > I don't know if this the approriate place where to post this

    ? question I need to test if a socket descriptor is valid before
    > I call recv to read data from socket
    >
    > Is it possible to do that

    Periods are useful to terminate sentences. No, this is not the
    right place, because sockets don't exist in the C standard, and are
    thus off-topic. Try a newsgroup that deals with your particular
    system.

    <http://cbfalconer.home.att.net>

    CBFalconer, Sep 27, 2007